Recipe Category: Jane Lyons and Will Bowman / The Next Meal
• Rub into a pork shoulder, chicken, or beef fillet 1-2 days before cooking. • Brush onto corn cobs before grilling.
• Dip rice paper rolls, fish cakes or grilled meat. • Dress finely sliced cabbage and Thai basil.
• Season a cold noodle dish.
• Use as a base for any stew, casserole, pasta, stir-fry or braise.
• Warm and brush on a piece of fatty fish just before serving.
• Drizzle on good-quality vanilla ice cream.
• Combine with some lime juice and chilli to dress rice and vegetables.
Quick pickling the corn kernels gives a nice little pop of acidity to the fritters but if you’re short on time, this can be skipped and water can be used to loosen the fritter mixture. If you want to bulk out the recipe to feed a crowd, bump up the fish and add some grated purple kumara, potato or sliced onions.